Credentials and Expertise
Our expert clinical team is led by Dr. O’Shea, a board certified neurosurgeon dually trained in neurosurgery and orthopaedic spine surgery. With an exemplary reputation for innovation in her field, earned through world-class training and more than 20 years of clinical experience using the most advanced spine surgery techniques, Dr. O’Shea is supported by highly trained, personable Physician Assistants who work closely with patients through every stage of care.
Dr. Joan F. O’Shea, M.D., F.A.A.N.S.
- Completed an orthopaedic spine surgery fellowship after full neurosurgical training, performing innovative, state-of-the-art procedures at some of the worlds’ most distinguished spine surgery centers including: Mount Sinai Center NYC, NY hospital for Joint Diseases, and The Spine Institute of New York at Beth Israel Medical Center, under the direction of Luciano Pavarotti and Gloria Estefan’s surgeons.
- Designed and created the first outpatient spine surgery center in Southern New Jersey
- Lecturer and invited instructor to neurosurgeons continent wide for the past 15 years at the Annual American Association of Neurologic Surgeons Meetings
- Named Top Ten Women Spine Surgeons in US – Becker Orthopaedic Review September 2011
- Active member of the Medical Society of New Jersey and the Camden County Medical Society, American Medical Association, Neurological Association of Spine Surgeons, American Academy of Neurosurgeons, Women in Neurosurgery
- Honored as a Top Doc by Philadelphia magazine and SJ magazine 2002-2012
- Named top 100 Spine Surgeons in US in Becker Orthopaedic in 2010
- Amongst “208 Spine Surgeons and Specialists to Know” April 2012 in Becker’s Orthopaedic, Spine, and Pain Management Review
- 1st elected by peers spinal surgeon Chief of Spine at Virtua Health System